Overview:For your initial writing assignment, you will construct a paragraph about something meaningful in your life using the structure of the famous "Humans of New York" blog posts. Please save your file in .doc or .docx format.*Students are encouraged to visit the following website before completing writing assignments. Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/purdue_owl.html*To view the grading rubric for this assignment, click on the name of the assignment and click "View Rubric"Instructions:
· Share a paragraph about yourself with the class, using the structure of the famous “Humans of New York” blog posts. (See this website for an overview https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/best-humans-of-new-york-stories-12310 )
· Read “Humans of New York” (HONY) posts; draft and revise a HONY Paragraph in a Word doc. using MLA formatting; identify and correct writing errors; and reflect on the writing process
· Communicate about self through words and visual media
· Focus writing around a main idea
· Describe one of your best days.
· If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?
· Who do you admire most?
· What gives your life meaning?
· What was one of your saddest moments?
· What is your greatest joy?
· What is your greatest regret?
· 200-250 words
· Double-spaced, Times New Roman/Calibri, 12-point font
· MLA format for heading
· 1-inch margins
· Include photo – either a personal photo or insert a photo from creative commons
· Use correct punctuation, grammar, and mechanics
· Use complete sentences
· Submit your paper to SafeAssign on Blackboard
1 January 2020
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND
On one of my best days, I was walking along a beach in southern Japan collecting sea glass. I had taken a train ride to the closest beach to my apartment. I had only been in Japan for a couple weeks, and as an American living by myself it felt pretty lonely. I was not questioning my purpose for coming to Japan to teach English, but living in a new culture was much harder than I thought it would be. As I was walking along the beach searching for sea glass, I looked up and a Japanese boy about my age dropped a handful of sea glass into my palms. He and his two friends took me out for noodles, and then we went to some hot springs. We were listening to old American songs like “Stand by Me” as one of the young men drove his SUV up the winding mountain roads lined with cedar trees. One of the boys stood up with his torso outside the sun roof as we drove. It was just a perfect day. When evening came, the three guys drove me back to my apartment. We exchanged phone numbers, but I never saw them again.
Paragraph fully answers the question (20 pts.) ______
Focus is maintained on a central point (10 pts.) ______
The photograph is included (10 pts.) ______
Paragraph is the appropriate length (10 pts.) ______
MLA formatting is followed (10 pts.) ______
The essay is mostly free of errors (20 pts.) ______
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25