Responsibility refers to specific accountability or liability associated with the performance of duties. Nurses must not engage in practices prohibited by law or delegate activities to others that are prohibited by the practice acts of other health care providers.
Choose one of the following case studies to complete. Read the selected case study and answer the questions using a Microsoft Word document. Each response should be 2–4 sentences in length, clear and concise, and use correct grammar. You only need to complete one of the following case studies.
Mr. William Boggs (aka Bill) is a nurse manager for a busy ICU. He cannot cover all three shifts with the nurses he has available. He knows that if he does not have additional nurses, the RN working nights would not be able to leave the unit for breaks or any other reason. Bill has repeatedly voiced concerns to the Vice President of Nursing over the ongoing issue of short staffing but is simply told to deal with it. So, Bill institutes a change in the night shift patient to staff ratio. The RN on the unit will need to work without relief and have one CNA instead of another RN. Following a serious incident on the night shift, a disgruntled staff nurse anonymously reports Bill’s actions as unsafe to the State Board of Nursing. As a result of the investigation by the Board, Bill talks to the state hospital licensing agency and the local newspaper about the staffing patterns at the hospital. Consequently, the hospital receives bad press and is contacted by the hospital licensing agency. Bill is fired.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25