The final project for this class will require you to consult with a nonprofit organization to help them develop an advocacy plan, or assist with updating an advocacy plan that the NPO already has in place. You will work in groups of two and meet with a nonprofit organization to learn about their advocacy focus relating to some aspect of social justice (if they have one). In consultation with the nonprofit representatives, you will decide on what specific aspect of the NPO's work they'd like to promote, be it with policymakers, legislative bodies, their board of directors, etc., and you'll develop a plan for how the issue should best be promoted.
I have contacted several nonprofit organizations in the Memphis area that are willing to work with our class this semester, and you and your partner may choose to select one of them for this assignment. You and your partner may also select a nonprofit of your own choosing, such as an agency with whom you have an existing relationship. If you are not in the Memphis area, you may select a nonprofit agency in your community. Ideally, you and your partner will be able to meet with representatives of the nonprofit you choose as you complete this assignment. However, it may be necessary for you to have virtual meetings with your nonprofit representatives.
The assigned textbook for this class should be a great resource as you approach this work. Also, I will post a series of short readings, as well as video interviews with nonprofit practitioners, advocacy and lobbying professionals, as a way to offer guidance and support as you tackle this assignment.
I will share more specifics about this assignment during the first couple of weeks of the semester, including a definitive due date.
Nonprofit is “ The Women’s Advocacy Center” (in Memphis)
Here is guidelines. ( I am only doing bullet point 5 &6 since this is a group paper)
What Should Your Plan Include
· An explanation of the social justice issue the NPO would like to address in their advocacy work
· Explanation and rationale for how the NPO plans to develop an advocacy team or other approach to help develop the plan ( Who's going to do what?)
· What other partners/allies should the NPO involve in the work related to this issue?
· Include facts about the social justice issue the NPO wants to address (research component); this is important because the NPO will need to make fact-based arguments to help them be effective advocates
· Identify the appropriate audience(s) that the NPO should approach when advocating for their chosen issue. Explain here why the audience(s) were chosen.
· Help them to decide on the most appropriate way to present their plan to specific audiences.
· Include a strategy to help the NPO follow up with those they approach during their advocacy work on this issue.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25