To create an informational pamphlet to explain the IEP process to families prior to meeting with them and to evaluate your pamphlet.
It is the spring of your first year of teaching in a preschool setting. Juan, a student in your class, has an individualized educational plan (IEP), developed by a team consisting of a special education teacher, a speech therapist, Juan’s parents, and yourself. To smooth Juan’s transition into kindergarten, you call a meeting with Juan’s parents and the IEP team. Watch the video of Marks IEP meeting. You are struck by the warm and informative nature of the team meeting and want to create a similar tone for your meeting. Realizing that Juan’s parents are new to the school system, you decide to create a pamphlet that will provide them (and eventually other parents) with key information. You recall that Juan’s parents remarked that they are still not sure what an IEP is and what it is supposed to accomplish. You decide to create a pamphlet summarizing key information about the rights and due process protection to children with disabilities under IDEA and how the IEP aligns with these goals. Then, at pick-up one afternoon Juan’s mother confides in you that she is worried about her son transitioning into Kindergarten—it’s such a big step! You decide to reassure parents by outlining the transition process in writing. Last, Juan’s mother says she is anxious about what will take place at the meeting. Is he making progress? Will he be okay in kindergarten? You realize that providing an agenda beforehand will help allay their concerns.
Create a digital version of a pamphlet for parents that will help them prepare for an upcoming team meeting focused on Juan’s IEP. Write a brief introduction about who will attend the meeting. Then write a jargon-free paragraph or two about the rights and due process protection to children with disabilities ages 3 to 5 years under IDEA, and how the IEP is aligned with IDEA goals. Then write a paragraph to summarize the steps Juan’s team will take to ensure his smooth transition to kindergarten. Last, create a bulleted list of a typical transitional meeting agenda, beginning with a discussion of the child’s strengths. Include graphics in your presentation so that it is appealing to the eye. You may want to use a template to guide your creation. Do not just copy and paste words from the internet
1. For each item on your pamphlet, explain how this addresses the issues in the scenario
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25